Saturday, September 30, 2023

If I Go On

If I go on the way I've always been on,
Will you still stand by me?
Console me? Every time 
That I fail, that I cry, and
That I hope to die?

Within the pages of our unwritten book,
Will you be the author?
The secret nook? Everything
Transpires in the
Chapters untold.

As time's relentless river onward flows, 
Will you write my story? 
As it is? Because I know
You're the only one there is 
Through space and time.

When fractured wings heal away
Will you fly by me?
Risk it all? If only
To take another hit
By the sling of destiny?

In the shadows of the unwritten,
Will our spirits entwine?
Two souls, forever aligned
As stars in the cosmic plan
Together, in time, we'll combine.

-- Pradeep K (Prady)

                                         -o-

No comments: