Saturday, October 14, 2023

Entrapment

He called out to me when I
Stood in my driveway, looking
To escape for the day.
He yelled right at me, "Our
Street is taken today!”
Implored me to remain
Inside for the day.

How crazy should it be, that I
Had to get out, if I wanted
To save my soul this day!
"They're looking," he said, "for
A vulnerable fool, to mop their
Floor off their filthy rule!” An
Advice I just could not obey!

And out I ventured into the night,
Desiring to take on the world asleep,
But finding foe in every friend, and
Sighting daggers at every bend,
Decided to retire for the night.
Come morning he called out again
And I've been trapped ever since!

He calls out to me when I
Stand in my driveway, looking
To escape for the day.
He yells right at me, "Our
Mind is taken today!”
Implores me to remain
Imprisoned for the day!

-- Pradeep K (Prady)

                                   -o-

No comments: