Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Chapter 13: Compassion

I stand at Heaven's gates.
There’s a queue, and I
have to wait my turn.
I feel the warmth and know
that somewhere, pretty close,
cleansing fires burn.

I look back, and ask myself,
“What have I done to be here;
what brings me to Heaven?
(It can't just be me; no, it can't just be me!)
It has to be somebody I have known;
somebody who showed me how to live;
somebody who wouldn't let me frown!”

As I stand at Heaven's gates,
they call me inside and I
walk into the healing rooms.
I feel the beauty as I see,
in the center, a serene and
compassionate flower blooms.

I look at the flower and ask,
“What have I done to be here;
what brings me to Heaven?
(It can't just be me; No, it can't just be me!)”
The flower smiles at me and says,
“It's somebody who showed you how to love;
somebody who taught you how to smile!”

And now, I know for sure.
I have done little to be here.
So, what brings me to Heaven?
It's not just me; No, it's not just me!
It’s somebody who wouldn't let me drown;
somebody who taught me how to give!

And it certainly is you.
Yes, it certainly is you!

No comments: